All DONE?: Finished your art and you turned it in already? Click here to learn more.
- General Information
- ART Rules/Suggestions/Requirements
- Where do I submit my ART?
- Deadlines & Dates
- Age Groups
- Entry Fee
The ART contest is called:
“We LOVE Your Smile”
a Self-portrait ART Contest & Upcoming Gallery
(Submit art until the end of January — View the art in a Gallery at Studio 84 during the month of February)
Both ART & Good Dental Care can improve self-esteem.
In some countries, like Haiti, poor dental care can be life threatening.
Show us your BEST SMILE and HELP others at the same time!
+ Plus, you have a chance to win a cash prize.
1. We’d love to see you SMILE.
2. We’d love for you to use many different types of materials. A collage of materials showing us what makes you smile.
3. Using recycled items is GREAT!
4. Show us what YOU love to do.
5. You will be judged on the creative use of materials.
1. All art will be hung on a wall.
2. On the back of the art, write:
Name, age, phone number
3. Minimum $1 entry fee must be placed in an envelope, and submitted with each piece of art. See additional fee options below.
4. All rules & more info can be found on the following website: www.MotivatingKidstoGive.com
You must email DEB in advance to register: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wed, Jan 8 from 4-5
Thur, Jan 9, from 4-5
Fri, Jan 10, from 4-5
1. Studio 84: 121 W Center St, Whitewater, WI 53190
2. Congregational UCC Church Office: 130 S Church St, Whitewater, WI 53190 (enter in the back on Franklin Street) M-F 9-2pm
We require a minimum $1 per entry, but would gladly appreciate a larger donation. See a list of entry fee donor levels below.
ENTRY FEE – DONOR LEVELS:
In an envelope, please submit a minimum of $1 for each piece of ART. Please make sure you LABEL the envelope with your child’s name and phone number.
$5 = Partner
$10 = Mentor
$25 = Advocate
We will be recognizing the kids, in a special way, who choose one of the donation levels above.
Checks can be made payable to: Whitewater UCC
An OPEN ART category is there for those, over 18, who wish to support this fundraiser but won’t be judged in the contest. All Art is welcome. Please help inspire some of these amazing kids 🙂
• ART collected in January – Deadline: February 7, 2014
• On display in February
• A winner for each:
A “People’s choice” award will also be given out.
Announced Feb 28, 2014
VOTE for your favorite by going to Studio 84 during the month of February.
Tue-Fri 10-5 www.studio84inc.org
Mission: Our Mission is to provide caring response to the medical, dental, physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of the sick, destitute and impoverished children and adults of underdeveloped countries by our volunteer members giving of their time, talents and treasures. Our main goal with dental care is to create an education and prevention based program while attempting to intercept potentially life threatening oral infections and oral pathology.
Thanks so much!
Morgan and Natalie
This event has been featured in a few newspapers and on the Whitewaterbanner.com, too. If you’d like to see those articles, click here.
All done and have submitted your ART? Here is what you should do:
Your smile is BEAUTIFUL!
Your ART will be on display during the month of February
at Studio 84, 121 W Center St, Whitewater, WI 53190
Visit the Gallery, in February, Tue-Fri, 10am-5pm and VOTE for the People’s Choice Award.
Come and bid on our Silent Auction items too! We are featuring some local and surrounding area artists and crafters who recycle/reuse/repurpose something OLD and create something NEW.
Join us, for a reception at Studio 84, Friday, February 28th, 6-7pm, when we will announce the winners of each age group, the winner of the People’s Choice Award, and Silent Auction winners, too.
Please share this Art Contest with your friends! You can turn in Art until the end of January. We would LOVE to have a gallery FULL of ART to share with others & it only costs $1 to participate. Help us buy tooth brushes and art supplies for these two amazing nonprofits…. both, helping to improve self-esteem.